29 Campbell St, Nipaluna/Hobart
VIEW THIS VENUE ON A MAP
Parking and Transport
Paid street parking can be found in the streets surrounding the Theatre Royal.
The closest multi-storey car park is Market Place Car Park at 6 Market Place, Hobart TAS 7000. It is a two-minute, mostly flat with a slight incline pathway from this car park to the Theatre Royal.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Two spaces marked as five-minute zones are available on Collins Street directly in front of The Hedberg building for drop-off and pick-up. Please note that these car spaces have drop kerbs and are time limited.
The closest bus stops to the Theatre Royal are as follows:
– Stop 1, Liverpool Street outside the Menzies Centre. This bus stop is a two-minute journey downhill along Campbell Street to the Theatre Royal on a sealed pathway with a slight decline.
– Stop 1, No.55 Campbell Street. This stop is a two-minute journey down Campbell Street to the Theatre Royal on a sealed pathway with a slight decline.
– Stop 1, Macquarie Street past Campbell Street, this stop is a five-minute journey up Campbell Street to the Theatre Royal on a sealed pathway with a slight incline.
Please ask a staff member from the Theatre Royal if you need assistance ordering a taxi from the venue.
Ten Days on the Island is closely following and implementing all restrictions and recommendations advised by National and State Governments regarding public gatherings and event venues, you can find the relevant government information here.
We, as well as the venue will be managing the risk of COVID-19 at our event venues in the following ways:
- Public availability of hand sanitiser at Festival venues.
- Patrons, staff, volunteers and artists are encouraged not to attend events if they are unwell.
Image: Natasha Mulhall for Liminal Studios
Two accessible parking spaces are available on Collins Street directly in front of The Hedberg building. Please note that these car spaces have drop kerbs and are time limited.
All public levels of this venue are accessible by use of a lift, located in the main entry (corner of Campbell and Collins Streets), to the left of the stairs.
The main entry into the building features automatic sliding doors. Accessible bathrooms are available on levels 2, 3 and 4, located behind the bar on each foyer level.
Seating for people who use wheelchairs is available in the Stalls and Balcony and is able to be booked by contacting the Theatre Royal directly.
Level access seating is available in this venue. Please contact The Theatre Royal Box Office for more information on level access options.
Assisted Listening / Hearing Loop Description
A hearing loop is available to connect to Hearing Aids. Please contact Theatre Royal Box Office – 03 6146 3300 to discuss your needs further.
Baby Change Facilities
Baby changing tables and waste bins are available within all accessible bathrooms, located behind the bar on each foyer level.
Gender-Neutral Bathroom Description
All accessible bathrooms are gender-neutral and located behind the bar on each foyer level.