Parking and Transport
More paid street parking can be found in the streets surrounding the Theatre Royal.
The closest multi-storey carpark is Market Place Car Park at 6 Market Place, Hobart TAS 7000. It is a two-minute, mostly flat with a slight incline pathway journey from this carpark to the Theatre Royal.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Two spaces marked as five-minute zones are available on Collins Street directly in front of The Hedberg building for drop-off and pick-up. Please note that these car spaces have drop kerbs and are time limited.
The closest bus stops to the Theatre Royal are as follows:
– Stop 1, Liverpool Street outside the Menzies Centre. This bus stop is a two-minute journey downhill along Campbell Street to the Theatre Royal on a sealed pathway with a slight decline.
– Stop 1, No.55 Campbell Street. This stop is a two-minute journey down Campbell Street to the Theatre Royal on a sealed pathway with a slight decline.
– Stop 1, Macquarie Street past Campbell Street, this stop is a five-minute journey up Campbell Street to the Theatre Royal on a sealed pathway with a slight incline.
Please ask a staff member from the Theatre Royal if you need assistance ordering a taxi from the venue.
Ten Days on the Island is closely following and implementing all restrictions and recommendations advised by National and State Governments regarding public gatherings and event venues, you can find the relevant government information here.
We will be managing the risk of COVID-19 at our event venues in the following ways:
- Public availability of hand sanitiser at Festival venues.
- Patrons, staff, volunteers and artists are encouraged not to attend events if they are unwell.
Image: Rosie Hastie