Prize Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference and do not affect interpretation in any way.
1) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences on 10 March and closes at 12pm on 11 March 2023 .
Eligibility to enter
2) Entry is open to all Australian residents (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of Ten Days on the Island. If the prize winner is under the age of 18, before they can redeem their prize they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian to do so, and must be accompanied during their prize by an Australian or New Zealand resident over the age of 18. Available on prize dates below.
Entry into the promotion
3) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period.
4) Ten Days on the Island is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
5) Eligible Entrants can enter multiple times.
6) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by Ten Days on the Island.
7) Ten Days on the Island reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Ten Days on the Island to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
8) Entries will be drawn randomly.
9) The prize will be drawn at the offices of Ten Days on the Island.
10) The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. Ten Days on the Island makes no responsibility as to the safety, conditions, cancellations or other issues that may exist in accepting the prize.
12) The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
13) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by Ten Days on the Island. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
Notification of the winner
14) The winner will be announced via email to the Ten Days on the Island subscribers.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
15) Ten Days on the Island reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed a second draw will be conducted by Ten Days on the Island at the same place as the original judging, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified via email or phone call.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
16) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Ten Days on the Island and which prevents Ten Days on the Island from complying with these terms and conditions, Ten Days on the Island will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
17) Ten Days on the Island, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential damages, including damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those damages were in the contemplation of the promotion parties.
18) The exclusion of liability in clause 17 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third-party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the promotion parties, are not supplied by Ten Days on the Island in the ordinary course of business; apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
19) Entry details remain the property of the Ten Days on the Island. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by Ten Days on the Island unless the winner otherwise notifies Ten Days on the Island at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Ten Days on the Island using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities.
20) Ten Days on the Island accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
21) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to Ten Days on the Island and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
22) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at facebook.com/terms.phpOpens external site in a new window, and other related policies.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
23) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to Ten Days on the Island and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to Ten Days on the Island, not Instagram.