Join the Team
TEN DAYS ON THE ISLAND
Title: FINANCE MANAGER
Office Location: Portside Building 1-3 Spring St Burnie
Immediate Supervisor: CEO
Period of Contract: Part time (.4), September 2021 – September 2024
Remuneration: Negotiable in line with experience, pro rata per annum + super + holiday
Ten Days on the Island (Ten Days) presents lutruwita/Tasmania in a global exchange of arts and culture that is deeply connected to place.
Ten Days was established by the Tasmanian Government in 2000 to deliver a statewide arts festival of national significance that provides opportunities for Tasmanian artists and companies to present their work in an international festival, provides arts experiences for Tasmanians wherever they live and helps to build Tasmania’s professional arts infrastructure.
The biennial festival celebrates lutruwita/Tasmania’s island culture and offers a platform on which to profile and promote Tasmania’s innovative, creative and resourceful character and unique cultural identity.
Ten Days brings international recognition for Tasmania and demonstrates how the arts can positively influence a community’s perception of itself and the image it projects to the world.
The next Festival is in March 2023.
Reporting to the CEO the Finance Manager is responsible for the financial operations of the company, including financial modelling, planning, reporting and general business management and, with the CEO ensuring legislative compliance, government and Board reporting.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In consultation with the CEO, develop long-range financial plans and budgets along with systems and processes for effective management, monitoring and reporting
- Ensure compliance with Corporations Law, the ACNC, ROCO and all other local and state requirements
- Work with the CEO to manage the organisation’s annual budget and 12 and 24 month cashflow forecasts
- Prepare financial reports for the CEO and Board each month
- Take responsibility for the annual audit and timely provision of financial reports and information to the auditors
- Ensure Ten Days is adequately covered by insurance policies related to Workers’ Compensation, Property, Public liability, Director’s liability and Volunteers
- In conjunction with Executive Producer develop, monitor and report on the Festival’s artistic program budget
- With the Ticketing Services Manager reconcile all ticket income including but not limited to:
- Daily sales reports
- Ticketing outlet reconciliations and fortnightly invoicing
- Sales reports to artistic companies including umbrella events
- Final reconciliation of ticket sales and remittance of net sales to artists
- Establish and monitor process for banking and reconciliation of ticket income for Ten Days’ box offices
- In collaboration with the Administration Manager develop procedures and manage relationships with creditors and debtors, including but not limited to:
- check supplier invoices against purchase orders to ensure accurate account, job and tax codes, and accurately record as a bill
- reconcile supplier outstanding invoices with statements and identify and action discrepancies
- identify and set up payment dates for suppliers
- ensure all payments are processed correctly and adjust if required
- raise invoices
- follow up remittances as required
- Manage STP reporting
- Manage superannuation reporting
- Maintain a relationship with Ten Day’s bank, including but limited to:
- Undertake all bank reconciliations (bank accounts and credit cards)
- Liaise with bank on general enquiries
- Facilitate overseas payments
- Ensure bank balance(s) are sufficient for upcoming transactions
- Maintain and manage the MYOB accounting system including but not limited to:
- Maintain job codes and update/alter as required
- Maintain reconciliations between departments
- Produce reports for heads of departments and assist in the reconciliation of actuals to budgets
- Maintain MYOB data integrity
- Establish cash handling procedures with relevant staff and ensure that these procedures are upheld
- Prepare month end reconciliations (bank, creditor, debtor, payroll, asset register, annual leave accruals)
- Support other staff in financial matters as required
- Maintain an effective financial filing system
- Participate in weekly team meetings and other Ten Days’ events and functions as appropriate
- Other duties as requested within reason by the CEO
ROLE – SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant degree level qualifications in Finance or Accounting
- At least 5+ years of relevant financial experience
- Fluent in the MOYB accounting software
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and maintain tight financial controls
- High level attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Good knowledge and competence with Microsoft Word
- Excellent communication skills including with written and verbal communication and negotiation and the ability to work harmoniously in a team environment
- Previous organisational experience within an arts environment
Occupational Health and Safety and Employment Equity:
Ten Days is committed to high standards of performance in relation to Occupational Health and Safety and the provision of Equal Employment Opportunity. All employees are expected to participate in maintaining safe working conditions and practices, as well as promoting and upholding the principle of fair and equitable access to employment/promotion, personal development and training and the elimination of workplace harassment and discrimination.
This position is based in pataway/Burnie.
Normal office hours of work will be 9am to 5pm with a daily lunch break of one hour.
Annual and Sick leave
Subject to the terms and conditions of the employment contract, the Employee will be entitled to pro rata holiday leave and personal leave. No leave loading will be paid.
Ten Days is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please address your application to Jane Haley CEO and send to email@example.com with Application for Finance Manager in the subject line. Your application should include a cover letter, a brief document that addresses the selection criteria and include your CV.
Download position description – Word doc